Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tailoring

Last semester studio I was doing tailoring and we have to make one final prototype of a fully finished tailored jacket. My theme for this studio is 'Trick of the eye' also called Trompe-l'oeil in French. 

My prototype was inspired by the menswear in the 18th century where the mens wear double layered most of the time with short jacket or vest inside and a long tailored jacket on top.

So instead of making two jacket, i combine both of them into one but still keep the 'double layer' term so it looks like the model is wearing two jackets but it's actually just one, that is why i called it Trick of the Eye

Below is few pictures that i took and edit myself, it was raining before and after the photo shoot, not a great day to do a photo shoot but anyway, i love the pictures and thanks a lot to my model, Vonny, you make my prototype looks even better than it actually is!


Shrine of Remembrance, Melbourne


Beautiful Chapel on Spring street, Melbourne

Cheers, Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment